Thursday, October 29, 2009
If you have any comments you want to make, good or bad, let us know and we will pass them on. Tell us what your child's favourite activity was. Tell us what his least favourite activity was. What could be improved? What went well? Anything you want to say, we'll pass the word.
Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Sunday, October 25, 2009
A chocolate treat will be handed out.
Don't forget your popcorn orders! The child with the most sales handed in tonight will receive a Lego prize.
Thursday, October 15, 2009
If you don't sell anything, that is fine, but I need to know so that I don't try and track you down when I don't get an order form back from you.
Reminder - the Beaver that has the highest amount of sales on Oct 27 will win an instant prize - a Lego set!
Keep selling - just over one week to go!
I also need your permission form filled out. Get it here:
Important Points to remember:
1. Dress for the weather! This is a rain or shine event.
2. Bring a bottle of water.
3. Bring your lunch (snacks and supper are provided)
4. Wear comfortable shoes
5. If you are arriving late (or picking your son up early) go to the registration booth to get information on our whereabouts.
6. Wear your beaver hat and necker (vest is not required - wear a jacket instead!)
7. Bring a pair of small mittens if it is cold.
8. When you sign in your child, ensure I have a phone number so I can contact you. This is especially important if you are not going to be at home. Mobile phone numbers are preferrable.
9. Parking is limited, so carpool if possible.
10. Have fun!
We are also hoping to have a visit by the Canadian Guide Dogs!
Monday, October 12, 2009
The 1st Manotick Group collected approximately $2200 from our Apple Day efforts! Outstanding! This includes the money rasied here in Riverside South as well as in the Manotick area.
After expenses and a contribution upward to the Rideau Area, our profits will be approximately $1750. This is money that will be used for leader training, group supplies, and other group sponsored events (Baden Powell Celebrations, Swim Up, Camps etc).
Keep up the good work! Don't forget Popcorm orders are due back this month!
We will still have a "camp fire" of sorts, with songs and games, but there will be no fire. Just fun!
C Colony will still join us, so there will be lots of Beavers to share in the adventure.
See you at the school at our normal time - 6:15!
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
The first Beaveree type activity of the year is scheduled for Oct 24. This is different than a normal Beaveree, as it is an Area All Section event. That means that there will be Beavers, Cubs, Scouts and Rovers at the event from all over the Rideau Area.
Where: Baxter Conservation Area, 7498 Carter Rd. Kars, ON
When: Saturday, October 24th, 2009 – Rain or Shine
Group Registration: 8:00am – 9:00am
All Sections, All Groups Opening: 9:00am
All Sections, All Groups Campfire & Closing: 7:05pm – 8:00pm
All Rideau Area Beavers, Cubs, Scouts, Venturers, Rovers, Leaders, Advisors and Group Committee Members
Games, Crafts, Catapults, Pioneering Challenge, Orienteering Challenge, Rescue Challenge, Nature Trail Activities, Scavenger Hunt, Maze, Spider Web, Linking Activities, All sections, all Groups Campfire in evening and more.
$10.00 per participant which includes registration, program activities, snacks, BBQ supper (1 hamburger or 2 hotdogs, chips and drink) and crest. Note: Does not include lunch. Sections or individuals are responsible to bring their own lunch.
Please make sure to wear your group necker. Dress for the weather, this will be a rain or shine event.
Important things to remember:
- Bring a lunch, but remember that this is a nut free event.
- Bring a camera to take lots of pictures. We will be making a memorable CD of the day that will be distributed to all sections after the event.
- Cameras will be required for the Scout/Beaver Joint Activity.
- Make plans to carpool since parking is limited on site.
- Last, but not least HAVE FUN
What I need to know from you now is whether or not you are planning to attend, and your food choice for dinner. The food choices are chips and drink plus 1 x hamburger or 2 x hot dogs. Extra hamburgers are available at $2 additional cost, and extra hot dogs are available at $1 each additional cost.
I need to register our numbers to help with planning by Oct 16. So, can you please reply to this e-mail indicating if your child is planning to attend, and if you are planning to attend with your child. Depending on the number of leaders we have available that day, we may need some parent volunteers to assist.
Please let me know your intentions by Oct 15 so I can pre-register our numbers. I will collect the money and do the paperwork later.
Sunday, October 4, 2009
If you didn't make it to the Scout Shop yet to buy a necker, no need to rush out there before Tuesday, you can buy it from me directly. ($5 necker, $7 necker and woggle including taxes).
Friday, October 2, 2009
- Meet at the Rideauview Community Centre by 9:00 am
- Dress for the weather
- Bring your apple baskets and a small container to collect money in
- bring an extra bag to carry additional apples if necessary
- You will be grouped together (maybe with a cub) and assigned an area to canvass
- Return to the community centre with your money no later than 11:30
- Have a BBQ at Claudette Cain park afterward
- Benefit from your hard work all year as the funds you raise support scouting activities in the 1st Manotick group!